Customize a folder on your Mac with a fancy background image.
If there’s a folder on your Mac which you use regularly, then adding a background image can really make it stand out from the others. A background image can also be used to creatively separate different groups of files or to point out a specific file. Here’s how it works:
- Click View in the menu at the top of the screen.
- Choose Show View Options.
- In the pop-up window, look for the Background option. Click the Picture radio button, then drag an image onto the Drag Image Here field.
- You might need to adjust the image size, or choose something bright to have a suitable and attractive background image.
- Please note that background images only work when you’re using the ‘Grid’ or ‘Icon’ views.