Learn how to trim parts of a video away using the QuickTime app on Mac.
You might not know it, but QuickTime Player supports basic video editing tools, enabling you to trim a video then re-save it in various formats. This can be particularly helpful if you have a video saved on your Mac and you want to make it shorter.
Here’s how it works:
- Open a video in QuickTime Player.
- Press Command-T to access the trim tools.
- Drag the yellow handles to trim the video to its new length.
- Click the Trim button to save your changes.
- Press Command-S to save the video. It will be saved as a new video, so you will need to give it a new name.