Learn how to crop, rotate or flip an image using the Photos app on Mac.
Sometimes it’s hard to take a perfectly level photo, especially if you captured the image on an iPhone. Thankfully, it’s easy to rotate an image, crop it to another size, or even flip it horizontally. Here’s how:
- Open an image in the Photos app, then click the Edit button in the top-right corner.
- Click the Crop tab at the top of the screen.
- To crop the image, drag the edges using the cursor. Let go, and after a second the image will crop and zoom in.
- To rotate an image, click and drag the wheel on the right-side of the image.
- To flip an image horizontally, click the Flip button in the upper-right side of the screen.
- To adjust the aspect ratio of the image, click the Aspect button then choose one of the options which appear.
Once you’re finished making changes, click the yellow Done button in the top-right corner to save your edits.